What size should you make your Timeline Cover Photo?
Use this template to size and position your profile photo and Timeline image. Template design last updated 4-2013
Note: Profile photos display at 160-pixels wide, but Facebook requires that you upload a photo that is at least 180-pixels wide.
To Download this Facebook Timeline Template
To save the jpeg version above, Right-click (option-click on a Mac) and choose Save Image
To download the PSD or TIF versions, click on the links below
How to use this Facebook Timeline template
The template is designed to serve as a guideline to help you get your photos into the correct sizes and see how they overlap and fit together.
- Open the template in Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, or your favorite image editor.
- Open any image(s) you want to use in your Timeline and copy and paste them into the template.
- Resize and adjust your images, using the template as a guide to how they will look on Facebook.
- Once you get the images the way you want them, crop out each image separately (turning layers on and off as necessary).
- Export the profile photo and the big wall image as two separate pieces (as jpegs) and upload those to Facebook.